Neil graduated a month ago on May 14th, and I cant say enough how proud I am of him for making this change in his life...and in ours. He put his mind to it and did it and I am so grateful. We had a fun time graduation weekend, and the cutest part was that during the opening speeches when all was quiet, Sailee screamed "Da-Daaaaaaa." We had a great time yelling out Neil's name, bribing the folks sitting next to us by offering to scream their person's name if they would help us scream for ours. We carried out all the traditions - repeated waving at Neil and overenthusiastic gasps if he looked our way, you know all the stuff you're supposed to do at graduation as if you may never see the person again. I did my part to take Sailee down the steps when Neil walked across and down near us so she could be part of the action. A good time was had by all, and a great nap was had by Sailee.
 |
| All dolled up and ready to party! |
 |
| Daddy and Sailee right before he took off for graduation |
 |
| This picture was harder |
 |
| Neil, his parents, and Tejas |
 |
| Neil and my parents |
 |
| Neil and friend Ryan |
 |
| Sailee missing all the fun |
 |
| Neil and friend David |
 |
| Our little family, minus the Chewdog |
 |
| Daddy and daughter on a proud day |
******************************************************************************************************
It's pretty easy to see these days that Sailee is becoming her own person. At 11 months old today, she clearly has an idea of what she likes, dislikes, and wants to or doesnt want to do at any given moment. her cutest move is this grunt/shrug that she does when she doesnt want to do something. I wish I had a video of it. Still there are moments where she feels clingy, lots of them, and wants to be right between my legs, holding on to each one like a pillar of safety and comfort. She crawls everywhere and anywhere she wants to, and she is fast! This is a newer development to walking since she started cruising and walking first. One of our very favorite activities is to let her stand between us and practice walking a few steps before she plunges her body into our arms and we make a lot of hurrah about it and she laughs and squeals and turns around to do it again. This image resembles many of the fuzzy pictures I created when I imagined what having a baby was like.
Looking back to a year ago, I was pregnant with Sailee with only 3 weeks to go, hot and uncomfortable, and still in a little denial that it was really happening. By this day last year, on the last day of work, I had been pulled over twice in one week right in front of my school for expired inspection and registration. And despite the pregnant belly and the explanation of my out-of-town husband and the uncontrollable sobbing, neither officer cared, either time. I was tired of being pregnant and alone except with Chewie by my side. Neil was in Charlotte, NC on his internship, and we had no idea what the future would hold. It is amazing the clarity that comes with passing time. One minute my biggest problem is that life is hectic and I just got two tickets in a week....then a few days down the road I have a newborn in my arms. One minute you cant piece together what things will come, what events will transpire, what the tangible reality will actually feel like once you have it. And soon enough, piece by piece, it all comes together and you start to understand what everyone has been saying...we have slowed the pace since Sailee was born and just take it one hour at a time. This is what becoming a mother has been like, and I am loving the journey.
Every day I wish I had more time with Sailee. Not a day goes by that I dont lament my time away from her and dream that I could just be with her all day long. When she sleeps, I count my blessings, but I miss her and look forward to when she will awake so we can laugh and play. Lately some of her favorite things to do are: Feed herself Rice Krispies in her highchair, and more recently, I let her feed them to me, and when I crunch she laughs and claps (well we both do); place the plastic rings on the tower and clap after each one; bang her hands on any surface that will make noise, and clap. We do a lot of clapping. And I am her cheerleader. In another month she will be a full year old, and I will surely be in denial about it. Til then, I am going to enjoy this crazy summer.
 |
| Sailee with all three "books" - we did not stage this |
 |
| Just crazy |
 |
| After bath, dressed up to go out! |
 |
| Unsure about the tiles |
 |
| After bathtime, before the nightly meltdown |
 |
| Always on the go, so hard to trap for a good hug |
 |
| Tickle tickle! |
No comments:
Post a Comment