It was about this time I think that the dancing started. Seven entire years ago we celebrated our marriage to one another. Seven years seems like so long, but I look back at us then and know that we were such different people than we are today, and it is humbling to know how we've grown as individuals and as life partners.
It was a terrific day. It was a day that I remember feeling relaxed and happy and enjoyed every minute of it. We danced our first dance and talked about how we wondered what the people watching us thought we were talking to each other about. And we laughed at the irony.
Today I find in you a husband that is sweet and charming and silly and thought-provoking and nonsensical and witty and creative and challenge-seeking and loving and logical. You lift me up and you push me to the limits. You encourage and you believe in me in ways I dont believe in myself. In your spirit I find a way of looking at the world that is accepting and tolerant and unassuming, and you live your life more as an example of what I preach than I actually do.
You are an incredible father to Sailee and in you I find the confidence to know that we will figure it out, one day at a time. We started down this road equipped with not much more than a few books on parenting and the love we knew we had within us to give whole and soul to this child. We were scared, but we took turns leading and you reminded me that this was the time to let go and let life happen and embrace the imperfections. Some days are better than others, some days are tiresome and frustrating and some days I grit my teeth and some days I lose sight of what is important. And you do too. And that is all part of the package. We are imperfect and we are learners and I love discovering with you in this new journey.
As we grow throughout the years I know that we will move and change and find new configurations for our roles and how we see each other through our own eyes and through Sailee's. I am humbled by the divine grace that led me through the moments of my life and to you and that allows us the fortune of living this life with each other. Today I thank you for seven sweet years of marriage. And I wouldn't change a single moment.

No comments:
Post a Comment